Caleb Josiah

baby

Bethany Ashlyn

babies

Aidan Christopher

baby

Friday, October 31, 2008

Happy Halloween

I've never been a big fan of Halloween. I love Fall, it is actually my favorite time of the year...with all of the colors and brisk air. But I don't like being scared (unless it involves a roller coaster), and I am unfortunately scared easily. I don't mind the stalks of corn, pumpkins, and other Fall decorations that show up everywhere, but I will pass on the ghouls and goblins any day!

Despite my anti-Halloween stance, I always anticipate experiencing yet another first with Caleb, and I have to admit, I really enjoyed it this year! We decided to take him trick-or-treating around our neighborhood (usually we attend a Harvest Party at our church). I have never seen so many children running free! After making it a little more than half-way through the neighborhood we started back and house after house was turning off their lights and apologizing to the kids still running around that they had run out of candy. One house said they prepared over 200 treat bags and they had run out as well.

Caleb's bucket was amazingly full of candy, which has since magically disappeared...he hadn't had it before, and as we found out through one uncontrollable afternoon, he doesn't need it now! Thankfully, we had remembered to grab a flashlight and Brian had his lightsaber so we were able to find our way back home through the darkened neighborhood. Bethany will have to wait until next year for this Halloween fun. We decided to let her stay in the warmth of our house and hand out candy with Grandma and Pop.

Caleb looked so cute in his costume. Unfortunately, the hood may have lasted about 30 seconds!

Our little Bumble Bee

Every year it takes a while for Caleb to adjust to Dad wearing his costume (even with the mask off). After seeing that Bethany had no problem with him, Caleb agreed to go closer. (He wouldn't go near anyone who had a mask over their face the entire evening...I really don't blame him. Some of the costumes people choose to wear are awfully scary!)

Caleb was a little confused at first about what to do, but he quickly got the hang of it!

No comments: