Although everything turned out fine, I wasn't so sure that would be the case when we arrived just in time for Santa to take his lunch break. After a brief consideration of making it another day Bethany, Caleb and I decided to take a walk around the mall while Daddy and Aidan saved our spot in line. We decided we had waited longer than a half-hour before, and this way we were guaranteed to be the first when Santa got back!
I had been doing my best to hype Bethany up, so when Santa's bells began to jingle to signal that he was approaching, Bethany and Caleb seemed to nearly explode with excitement. Once Santa arrived, he came over to the line and greated the kids personally while waiting for the photographer to arrive. After a few minutes, Santa returned to his seat and Bethany turned to Brian and I and declared, "He talked to me!!"
Caleb, Aidan, Bethany and Santa Claus
Aidan and Santa Claus
I had been doing my best to hype Bethany up, so when Santa's bells began to jingle to signal that he was approaching, Bethany and Caleb seemed to nearly explode with excitement. Once Santa arrived, he came over to the line and greated the kids personally while waiting for the photographer to arrive. After a few minutes, Santa returned to his seat and Bethany turned to Brian and I and declared, "He talked to me!!"Right before we left, Bethany requested to sit on Santa's lap. This was very unexpected!
Overall, this was a great day!!



No comments:
Post a Comment