Caleb Josiah

baby

Bethany Ashlyn

babies

Aidan Christopher

baby

Saturday, December 25, 2010

Merry Christmas!

Christmas was a difficult holiday for me this year.  Christmas is usually my favorite holiday, but this year it was clouded by work.  I was forced to take a 24-hour call shift after having done my normal 12-hour call shift (yes, that makes 36 hours of call straight).  I was terribly dissappointed in not knowing how much time I would be able to spend with my family, but to allow for the most time possible, we got up and went to Grandma and Pop Keiper's house for a wonderful french toast breakfast and presents.  I was very thankful to be able to make it through presents before getting called in. 
Aidan and his balloon
Aidan and Dad
I love how excited Bethany was to get fruit in her stocking!
Bethany
Our little fairy princess...
and bicycle chic.
Bethany wouldn't let go of her balloon most of the morning!
I don't think there is a better gift than Hello Kitty!
Caleb enjoying his stocking...
Caleb and Grandma Keiper
 Caleb and Aidan
 Caleb, Aidan and Dad
After I left for work, Caleb and Bethany were able to enjoy their gifts.
Caleb and Bethany skating with Pop
I made it back home in time to sing Happy Birthday to Jesus with Caleb and Bethany and enjoy a little birthday cake.
To allow me the chance for some sleep, Caleb and Bethany stayed at Pop and Grandma's house and came home the next day to find that Santa had visited our house while they were away. 
Bethany and Mom
Bethany, Aidan and Mom
It took a lot of convincing to have Bethany let us turn her shade around and assemble the lamp.  She would have been happy leaving it like it was.
Caleb
It is amazing how much fun Caleb and Bethany had with their hula hoops...at least until Caleb had to know what was inside that made the noise.  If you were wondering, it was rocks!
Our little prince
Caleb was a prince and helped Bethany with her slipper...
Princess Bethany
Caleb delivering packages...
Bethany really enjoyed her drums!
Bethany showing off her new slippers...
Aidan enjoying his new exersaucer...
Christmas continued with gifts from Aunt Tamara and Uncle Chris...Thank You!
Aidan and Grandma Keiper
 Aidan
 Bethany
 Caleb, Bethany and Pop
It was unfortunate that I let the cloud of depression float above me through the holiday.  I'm just thankful Caleb, Bethany and Aidan had a wonderful Christmas.  I just had to refocus my heart and remember the real reason for Christmas...

No comments: