Caleb Josiah

baby

Bethany Ashlyn

babies

Aidan Christopher

baby

Monday, December 20, 2010

Preparations...

This year we decided to do a "child-safe" tree. The front room where we usually have put the tree has been taken over by Aidan for now, and so this year we put the tree down in the living room (or I often call it the play room). The kids now have full temptation to play with the ornaments and Aidan is slightly mobile, rolling around the room, therefore we wanted to make sure there was as little as we could that could get broke or hurt them in any way. We have made ornaments and a paper chain to place on the tree this year. I miss some of the other ornaments, but I'm enjoying some of these family activities!

Caleb helped make sure I was cutting the tree in the right spot to fit into the stand and then enjoyed pulling the cut part away from the rest of the tree for me.

Caleb and Bethany

Caleb carefully checked the lights for me..."I'm just making sure all the lights work, Mom!" and Bethany was a great Overseer!

Bethany holding the lights for me as I hung them on the Christmas tree.

Caleb punching holes to create decorations to glue onto the ornaments...I think this was his favorite part!
I couldn't even get him to look away from his project for a second!!
Bethany seemed most to enjoy using the glue herself! Caleb and Dad hanging the paper chain garland...

No comments: