Caleb Josiah

baby

Bethany Ashlyn

babies

Aidan Christopher

baby

Thursday, March 13, 2008

Sleep...what's that?

Have you ever been so tired that you fall asleep while you are doing something? I hear stories about people falling asleep while driving...thank God this hasn't happened to me. You see it happen to kids all the time...where they are playing around and the next thing you know, they are collapsed right where they were, in mid-motion with their toys. Or mid meal...

I think the lack of sleep at night is finally starting to catch up with me. Brian and I take turns with the feedings (one really good thing about having to bottle feed) but waking up every few hours the last month still takes it's toll on you. I can't complain too much though. Most nights there are only two feedings (2 a.m. and then at 6 a.m.) and each of us take one, but there have been a few lately that weren't that easy. This mixed with the inability to take a nap during the day is starting to get difficult! Caleb is still taking naps, but usually Bethany wakes up right after I get him down, and then I finally get her back down and it's time for Caleb to get back up again.
The effect of this lack of sleep became apparent last night. Brian and I read out loud to each other at night as we are going to bed (right now we're reading the Chronicles of Narnia books) and last night, I fell asleep while reading. I wasn't being read to...I was the one reading! It was a really strange sensation to wake up and not know how much time had passed. Obviously Brian had fallen asleep as well because he didn't even notice I had stopped reading.
I am really looking forward to Saturday...Grandma and Grandpa Keiper have volunteered to watch the kids so Brian and I can have some time together...maybe we will take a nap!!

No comments: