Caleb Josiah

baby

Bethany Ashlyn

babies

Aidan Christopher

baby

Thursday, March 6, 2008

...and now there are two!

Okay, so now I understand what people were talking about when they said that it was not only twice the work going from one to two children, but much more! I knew it was going to be hard, but not necessarily this hard...I forgot to factor in the "terrible twos".

Caleb has definitely begun to get used to having a sister around. He is actually a big help sometimes. He likes to make sure her mobile and music are on; if she doesn't have her "towel" (birp rag) he makes sure it is there with her; he likes to "help" carry her over to Daddy; he helps carry her carrier when we are in the store; if she needs to birp, he is right there ready to pat her back; not to mention the many hugs and kisses. But when he is not helping with her, he has begun to test his boundaries!! If I turn my back, he will climb onto the sub-whoofer and turn on the fireplace; write on the windows, furniture, or floor with his bottle (he just plays with his sippie cups so we haven't fought him over the bottle yet...he actually likes cups the best, he just hasn't mastered how much liquid to allow into his mouth for each drink yet); climb over the arms of the couch and explore the eliptical; or climb into the play yard (needless to say, Bethany spends most of her naps up in her crib so I don't have to worry about him climbing in on top of her). When we are in the store, Caleb has decided that he doesn't like the stroller or riding in carts all that well, but loves to walk. Most of the time this is fine, but he tends to get a little head-strong on which direction he believes we should be going...thank God for the invention of the child leash!

I don't mean to scare those of you who are planning on having more children. I actually don't regret having them both now. Although I am exhausted at the end of each and every day, I love it all! There are just days where I am more thankful than others that Grandma and Grandpa (all of them) are close by! Thank you for all your help!!

1 comment:

Melody said...

I remember taking Josh and Amber to the store for the first time after having Amber(Josh was about 22 months old). I had Amber in her car seat and Josh was walking. I let go of Josh's hand so that I could put Amber in the shopping cart and he ran out the front door before I could catch him. It took me awhile to learn all the little hints (like setting her carseat on the ground and putting Josh in first!) to make my life semi-sane again.

15 years and 6 kids later: I am still looking for the hints and tricks to keep my life sane! :-)

Good luck! You'll do great!
Love,
Aunt Melody