Caleb Josiah

baby

Bethany Ashlyn

babies

Aidan Christopher

baby

Saturday, February 9, 2008

Bethany is Home!

Bethany Ashlyn Keiper
Born: January 29, 2008
19 1/2 inches long
7 pounds 4 ounces

Well, as many of you know, we had an unexpected surprise January 29th. Bethany decided to join the world early! I had worked a 10 hour day at the hospital (my last) and went home ready to start preparing for her arrival. I wasn't feeling well, but what's new...this pregnancy wasn't very easy. That night I went to bed with my feet elevated (they had just begun to swell) and at 1:30 in the morning my water broke. I tried to convince myself that it wasn't true (this was way too early!) but the leak didn't stop. We were at the hospital just after 2:00 a.m. (where I found out I was 6 cm. and 100% - and Bethany had her foot out). She was delivered by emergency ceserean at 4:30 a.m. Unfortunately, due to her being early, she had a few medical issues that she had to overcome and spent a week in the NICU. That was the hardest time I have ever had! I wasn't able to hold my daughter until she was 2 days old, and even then, she was hooked up to all the monitors and the C-Pap machine...but she overcame it all! She is now home (she came home Wednesday, February 6th). We feel very blessed to have her home and for her to be healthy! I am up and moving around now. I'm getting used to taking it easy, but I still have to remind myself every once in a while!


Welcome home Bethany!!

2 comments:

Andrew and Olivia said...

Congrats on your beautiful baby girl. I'm glad everything turned out okay. The whole thing must have been scary. It sounds like you are healing well which is great. I barely had any pain after my c-section so I was lucky. I hope you are getting enough sleep and enjoying all your time with your new little one.

Melody said...

She is beautiful! Congratulations!

I'm glad that everything is going well now.

Love,
Aunt Melody