Caleb Josiah

baby

Bethany Ashlyn

babies

Aidan Christopher

baby

Saturday, July 16, 2011

Party Time...

It is a mother's worst birthday nightmare to have to tell your child that none of his/her friends were able to make it to their party...fortunately that didn't quite happen.  We sent invitations to everyone in Caleb's preschool class and only one RSVP'd.  I am so thankful Caleb is so resilient and tends to make the best of all situations.  Although the guest list was short, we didn't hold back.

The forecast had been going back and forth between sunshine and rain...when party time came, it looked as though we may be stuck with rain...but who would have expected rain in mid-July, hence the reason we planned everything for outside.

I awoke in the morning to clear skies after a night of heavy rain.  Immediately I set off to work getting everything set up...
Along with the covered eating area, I set up our tent and inflated approximately 50 balloons which were placed inside our swimming pool for a game of search and find.  There were six Toy Story balloons hidden within the pool.  The game was to find all of them.  There was no winner, just a lot of fun!  As it turns out, the tent was convenient for more than a shelter.  It worked really well to contain the balloons to one area.  I definitely would not have wanted to run after them!
I never could have guessed how much fun a tent full of balloons could be!
Caleb and Bethany
Aidan
Luke Church
Caleb and Grandma Keiper
Aidan chose this day to start walking.  He grabbed onto Bethany's bubble mower and just took off!
Autumn Church, Aidan and Bethany
After a bit of time to run around and some pizza to fill the hungry tummies, it was time for cake!
Our strict instruction, from Caleb, was that he wanted only Buzz on his cake.  We were worried this would not happen due to the decrease of Toy Story merchandise on the market...our worries were for nothing!
Luke Church, Nolan James, Caleb and Luke Church
Carl Church, Bethany and Autumn Church
Bethany and Mom
"This is just what I've always wanted!!"  Caleb was excited for everything!
Jason Church, Caleb, Bethany, Nolan James and Luke Church
We ended up having to go inside for a while during the party due to rain...yet another reason a small guest list was actually a blessing.  Unfortunately, that meant the "Stick the badge on Woody" game was put off until everyone had to leave.  Caleb and Bethany still had fun.  Maybe even more not having to wait longer in between turns.
Bethany and Grandma Keiper
We were wondering how Bethany was doing so well.  She got right on each time, with what we thought was only Caleb's directions.  After a few turns she got frustrated and said she couldn't see.  I can't believe we didn't catch that sooner!
Overall, it was a great day!
Bethany
  

No comments: