Caleb Josiah

baby

Bethany Ashlyn

babies

Aidan Christopher

baby

Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Well, I Guess It's Time

This has been a really hard week for me so far! I, unfortunately, started back at work this week. I worked Monday and will be on-call tomorrow night. I really can't complain though...I did take 4 months off, and only work one full day a week, with one night of call (10 p.m. until 7 a.m.). It's just hard to go back! I think it is the craziness of it all that I'm not looking forward to. I work every Monday, which tends to be the most busy day of the week because we get everything that was put off through the weekend. This usually means I work through lunch just to have a small chance of going home on time! And to top it off, I really don't like call. I'm not missing any time with the kids with my new call hours, but I am often really exhausted for our family day on Friday (the only full day we get as a family...as long as there isn't a funeral at the church). I think it's about time to look into other options!

When I was pregnant, my doctor's offices mentioned they were hiring, both of which would mean no call and no holidays...ever! And both mentioned they would be interested in giving me a chance for the position when I was ready. It would still be part-time, but that is exactly what I want. I think I would consider adding another day, without the call, and would enjoy the work a lot better. I've always enjoyed working with women the best and I would really love to not have to worry if the patient I am scanning is going to pass away while I am scanning them! It's never happened yet, but on 4 different occasions, we have found out that the person I did an exam on earlier in the day had passed on only hours (sometimes minutes) later. And other times, we will get a call during the day to let us know that a patient we hadn't gotten to yet had passed away as well. This stress on top of the increased risks of patients falling, the increased number of patients daily, and the decrease of staff can really be too much! I would also love to not have to worry whether or not I will be able to enjoy Christmas (or any other holiday) with our children. I know I've already said this, but it's definitely time to look into options!

The only thing that is holding me back right now is getting my Registry tests done. I'm not sure whether any of these places I'm looking at will even consider me without them. I'm willing to make it a condition of my employment...we'll see what they say! In the meantime, I'd better get cracking on those books!

2 comments:

Melody said...

I hope that you get the position that you need to best suit your family. I'm sure the Lord will open a way for you.

sonogirl said...

Hi Jenn! It was so good to hear from you, it's been a long time. I can't believe you have two kiddos already (you are a brave woman!) They are adorable!

Where are you working right now? I'm only working one day a week. If you're looking for something new there may be options at my clinic, just something to keep in mind.

We should get together sometime with the kids. Maybe a park day when the weather gets nice....if the weather gets nice!

Give me a call sometime.
253-864-3527

Kathy