It is amazing how much fun it is to see things through a childs' eyes! We took Caleb to the Point Defiance Zoo recently and he loved it! It was fun to see his eyes light up as he pointed and added an "OOOOO" at all of the animals. Of course, at times it seemed like he would get just as much pleasure from watching the water go down the drains!We also realized how unafraid of strangers Caleb is when he turned to a strange man at the shark exhibit and asked him to pick him up. Both Brian and I were standing there, but I guess this man had a better view. Maybe those child leashes aren't such a bad idea!
I think Caleb's favorite exhibits were the goats and sheep. They were close enough for him to touch, which always helps!

Caleb and the seahorse exhibit...of course the cartoon they had running through it was a big hit!

Caleb enjoyed the other sealife as well! He seemed to like the smaller fish exhibits best, with a few exceptions.

And just before we left, Caleb took his first carousel ride. He had a lot of fun on his zebra before the ride began and after it stopped, but didn't seem to enjoy the movement as much. Unfortunately, the music was playing outside of the carousel, but not inside while it was going...I think that make a huge difference! Since Caleb enjoys music so much, we'll have to try this again somewhere else where music is a part of the ride! (This picture shows Caleb with his Grandma Keiper)

We can't wait to share more of these experiences with Caleb and the new baby!



1 comment:
It is great to be able to check on you guys through this site! It does look like Caleb had a great time. We go to the zoo a lot and our boys love it! After this baby is born (September 12th) and I recover we will have to take the boys to the zoo together. I am always looking for someone to go with. I also have a zoo pass, if you don't. It allows me to take up to three paying people each time I go for FREE so it would be great to all go together. Hope all is well with you, take care!
Post a Comment