Caleb Josiah

baby

Bethany Ashlyn

babies

Aidan Christopher

baby

Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Catch-Up Time!!

The last few months have been a little crazy and I have gotten way behind on keeping everyone updated on the Keiper family. My goal is to catch you up in the next couple days and be able to continue in more detail from then on.

We found out we were pregnant the beginning of October, 2009. It was a rough start, but now that we are finally in our 3rd trimester, things seem to be getting better overall. I have been able to finally stop taking my anti-nausea medication and only get sick periodically. Of course, the sickness has been replaced with aches and pains of everything shifting, but with a little rest, those are bearable! These pains are due to Baby Keiper #3 (we have a name picked, but will not be announcing it until he decides to come into the world) deciding to sit very low...just like his big brother! I just pray he is willing to wait longer than his sister did to come meet us all. It is my prayer that we are able to take him home with us when we go, and not have to leave him behind in the NICU. That was one of the hardest things I have ever done and never wish to go through again!

This was only the beginning of our stressful times. In addition to many others, this economic time has not been the easiest on us. About a week after we found out we were pregnant, the hospital I work at decided they were one person over in their budget. And since I was technically only on-call/per diem, I was the one to be cut. I am still working call one day per week, but with that there is no guarantee as to how big my paycheck will be from week-to-week. We have had to put all our trust in God...and we are relearning a difficult lesson: God will provide!!

I was diagnosed with pneumonia the end of January. Thankfully, it was caught early and I didn't have most of the complications that can be involved. I was in the hospital for just under 3 days and was released just in time to celebrate Bethany's second birthday. Thank you to all of our friends and family who donated their time and brought meals for us!! We couldn't have gotten through that time without you!!!

In addition to health issues, we have been very concerned with how we were going to transport our family once Baby Keiper comes. With our financial cuts, there was no way we were going to afford any new vehicle and I don't know of any car/truck that will fit 3 large carseats side-by-side. God answered that in a very concrete way! We had been praying for a cheap van to practically drop from the sky and about one month ago, we were informed that a couple from our church had decided to donate their van to us! I can't even describe how blessed I have felt lately!!

1 comment:

Melody said...

I'm so happy for you to get that van! What a blessing!

I hope that this pregnancy goes by easily and without a hitch!