I have heard many stories about kids starting to climb out of their cribs, but amazingly this was one thing that Caleb hasn't done...until now. Caleb has always been a climber (at least since he started to walk) and therefore this has been a concern for me. We made sure there wasn't much in his crib to use as a step-up, but he has now found a way...of which I still have no idea. Since he was little, we would hear Caleb wake up, but then just hear him playing around in his crib. This morning was no different. I heard him wake up and talking to his stuffed animals, but then it got quiet. And as you know, when a two-year-old gets quiet, it is time to find out what they are up to! I went upstairs and saw a light in his room...I thought he had just pulled open his curtains (it's been done before). But instead, when I entered his room I saw this...

I couldn't help but laugh. He was smiling away, "reading" a potty training pamphlet, on top of his dresser! How he got there, I have yet to figure out. The distance from the mattress to the top of the dresser is equivalent to the distance from his feet to his shoulders, so it wouldn't have been a simple climb.
I have always called him My Little Monkey. Now he has lived up to his name!



2 comments:
Oh my! He looks just so darn PROUD of himself! Stephens "big escape" was quite a thing to watch. He stretched one leg waaaaayy up and hooked just one toe onto the top of his crib rail then pulled himself up and over then lowered himself down. It is truly amazing how the little ones find ways to do things. I'm curious to know how Caleb managed this one!
Wow! That is quite a distance!
His little look is adorable! Kids are so innocent!
Post a Comment