Caleb Josiah

baby

Bethany Ashlyn

babies

Aidan Christopher

baby

Friday, October 19, 2007

We are Back!

Well, our vacation was wonderful! I just wish it could have been longer! We took part in The Word Cruise, with Hank Hanegraaff, Thor Tolo, and Steve Camp. Above is our group photo...can you find us? It was a blessing to be able to go on vacation and also experience a Christian conference at the same time. It was very refreshing!!

(From left to right: Michael-works with Sovereign Cruises, Steve Camp, Hank Hanegraaff - otherwise known as "The Bible Answer Man", and Thor Tolo)

We started every morning with a worship time and message from either Hank Hanegraaf or Steve Camp. It took a little bit of getting used to getting up early on vacation, but was well worth it! Then we had all day to explore wherever we were that day and then we closed every night with what was called a "Theology Talk" session. It was an informal gathering of the group where we could ask questions and get biblical feedback from all three of the speakers. I learned a lot!! It was absolutely amazing getting to know all of these men and also the other members of the group!
(Brian and I with Hank Hanegraaff)

(Brian and I with Steve Camp)

(Brian and I with Thor Tolo)

We had a formal night on the cruise...which I have to admit was a lot of fun!! I don't get that many opportunities to dress up!


I loved being on the boat. I've always enjoyed being near the water...and how much closer could we have gotten! We had an opportunity to get a room with a balcony, so of course we took it. Our room was overall pretty small, but it didn't feel like it. We got a daily fruit bowl (with actual fruit we enjoyed) and all of the amenities of a first-class hotel. We looked forward to the chocolates we got on our bed after the covers had been turned down for us every night!

(View from our balcony in Nanaimo, BC)

(Brian on the boat while 30 miles off the coast of Washington...talk about large swells!)


(The outdoor pools and hot tubs...the hot tubs would have been nice to use, it was a little cold for the pools!)

Our first stop was in Nanaimo, BC. It is a quaint little town with a few interesting sites. We took the shuttle up to Old City Quarter District, and then walked back to the port to catch our tether back to the boat.

(Nanaimo's Heritage Church, built in 1893)

(Brian and I in front of the Bastion - Nanaimo's oldest building, built over 150 years ago. The town shoots off the canons every day at noon...with a lucky visitor actually shooting it! Unfortunately, we missed this on our walk down from the town.)

(Our boat from the Nanaimo waterfront)

(The docks in Nanaimo, BC)

We enjoyed Victoria, BC - our next stop - quite a bit! We awoke to a beautiful day to explore the town! We started at the Wax Museum. Both of us have been there before, but isn't it one place you just have to go...it's just so interesting.

(Brian and Superman at the Wax Museum)

We took a walk through town, and of course had to stop at Starbucks...we needed a little pick-me-up! And did a little shopping (all for Caleb, I believe). And strolled through The Empress Hotel.

(Brian and I in the courtyard of The Empress Hotel)

We ended our day with a carriage ride through the town with George and his horse, Dillon.


The final day of our trip was spent out at sea, and served to be a very relaxing way to end our vacation. We look forward to future "Word" cruises. Maybe next time the cruise will be a little longer!!

Of course, we missed our little guy, though!!

(Caleb and the beaver we brought home from Victoria, BC)

No comments: