Caleb Josiah

baby

Bethany Ashlyn

babies

Aidan Christopher

baby

Saturday, February 7, 2009

Big Boy Bed Time!

Today we built Caleb's new bed. Because he is not the smallest of kids and is continuing to grow taller by the day, we decided to skip the toddler bed and go straight into a twin size. I spent a while searching for what I wanted and found the perfect bed for our little monkey. It has a ladder for him to climb up on his own and doors below to store toys and for him to play underneath a little. We decided to get a foam mattress for him (they aren't as fun to jump on) and therefore, a box spring wasn't needed which created a little larger wall around his bed to give me a little peace of mind (he moves a lot in his sleep).

Caleb has always been particular on how things need to be done-which order to do things, where things go, etc-and so I wanted him to be part of moving things out of his room and then building it back up. So far, the changes don't seem to be causing any problems.

The building process...
Caleb "helping" to make the bed
Time for fun...
Caleb enjoying the finished product
Caleb and Dad
It is exciting, yet really quite sad to see him growing up so quickly. This really hit as I layed him into his new bed tonight. He just looked so small in that huge bed!

2 comments:

Melody said...

They do grow up too quickly!

Wendie said...

I felt the same way when we moved Stephen out of his crib!