Caleb Josiah

baby

Bethany Ashlyn

babies

Aidan Christopher

baby

Friday, April 11, 2008

What did you say?

Isn't it funny how kids seem to have a language all their own and parents seem to understand it! I always wondered how...but I guess we learn one word at a time. Here is a taste of Caleb's language:
I-we-you = I Love You
Beht-uh-ee or "B" = Bethany
Baybeb = Caleb
die-eve = drive
bubbohs = bubbles
dote = coat
nilt = milk
osh = squash
bowoe = bottle
um-um = I want to eat some
uh-wite = light
poe-ows = puzzles
nack = snack
doot-baw = football
day-two = thank you
ought = hot
doewd = cold
wahrm = warm
nigh-nite = sleeping, bed-time
seep = sleep
din = again
dooz = juice, shoes
docks = socks
boe = blow
oh's = Cheerios
weed = read
oh-dare = over there
beten = open
bup = cup
dee-dee = DVD, CD, TV
ding = sing
dats = dance
(both sing and dance are accompanied by a little side-to-side shake of the head and body)
wheel = whale
ooh-ooh = monkey
teet-teet = bird
moww = cat
rarr-rarr = lion
oof-oof = dog
nay-news = noodles
dew = stew
dar = car, guitar, stars
jeez = Jesus, cheese
eez = please, trees
boompt = fell down, knocked (as in head against something)
dowers = flowers
anana = banana
waahdler = water
moemur = Homer (as in the Simpsons)
yaahdler = ladder
wing = swing
dide = slide
dare = stair
daaey = daddy
maaey = mommy
pop = grandpa
gamma = grandma
wate = rake
boom = broom
baff = bath
pay-ayn = airplane
dah-uhn = that one
pay = play
awt = walk
oowahts = rocks
diks = sticks
mote = remote control
boop = soup, poop
pah-eee = potty
wound = around
oh-doww = come down on the floor with me
oh-me = don't do it for me, I'm going to do it myself!
(If you put "oh" in front of any person, it means that person and nobody else should be doing what he is asking..."oh-me" is our favorite!)

No comments: